Here are a few tips to help you get ready for Spring!
At the end of this post I’ll touch on some hot trends happening for Spring 2013!
Start boosting that SPF!
We all know we are supposed to protect our skin year round, but chances are you haven’t been as on top of your sunscreen routine this past winter. There’s not time like spring to get you back on track! Pick a daily moisturizer that has at least an SPF of 15. If you’re going to be out in the direct sun, remember to slather on that sunscreen and make it at least an SPF of 30!
Bust out those shades!
Protect your eyes and delicate skin around your eye area with a nice trendy pair of oversized sunglasses!
Freshen that Face!
Spring is all about freshening and waking up to a new season. It’s the season of re-birth. The biggest trend in 2013 we’re seeing in makeup and on the catwalk is a glowy natural no makeup, makeup look! Keep it simple! Light powder, a bb cream, lip gloss, some mascara, a light fill on those brows, a bronzer or blush and you’re good to go!
BB Cream is in high demand and it seems every company is out with their own BB cream. Find the one that’s best for your skin type, but remember the basics of BB Cream. They’re an all in one product that can replace serum, moisturizer, primer, foundation and sunblock. You can use it alone or under powder depending on how much coverage you’re looking for.
Emerald is the new orange!
Yup. Green is in! So if you’re not into the pastels and soft tones of the season, opt for the gorgeous jewel tones of emerald!
Check it out by Patone at Sephora!
Skin Care Fresh!
Skin care is important no matter who you are, what your skin color is, what gender you are or even what age you are. Spring is a great time to freshen up skin care routines and start fresh! Double check your skin care and see what you are and aren’t using. Start looking into firming masks and anything that will help you with that healthy fresh glow!
SPRING 2013: Now Trending!
Here are some of the biggest trends for spring 2013:
- Gel and shellac manicures at home! (Sephora by OPI gelshine, SensatioNail, Quo by Orly and Sally Hansen)
- Emerald! Greens are BIG this spring!
- Matte lipstick in bright colors
- Monthly nail membership services like Julep and Nail Art Society deliver current trends in nails straight to your door!
- BIG THICK BROWS! Yup! Nicely maintained, yet thick eyebrows are all the rage! Gel liners are now being used in the brow area to create thicker looking brows with more drawn on ‘hairs’.
- Bold vampy lips! Think deep wine, oxblood red, deep purple and berries!
- Dewy clean complexions! Lots of highlight to give a healthy radiance.
- Natural skin! The no makeup, makeup!
- The bright power red lip!
- Loose waves, natural hair, sleek straight harsh parts and tight twisted locks!
- Simple flicked winged eyeliner. No longer long cat eye length, just a flirty flick!
- POPS of colour! Most popular this season is eyeliner! Bright blues, emerald greens and pastels like mint!
- Pale and natural nails are big this spring! On the flip side so are deep grey navys and blacks. Meeting in between is texture and nail art! Galaxy nails, liquid sand, geometry of squares, chevrons, stripes. Another popular choice is color blocking or two tones of shades that are exact opposites.